(Hyper Text Markup Language)
is an HTML File?
HTML stands for Hypertext Markup Languages ,which is an application
of standard generalized Markup Language(SGML).It is a simple language
used to define and describe the layout of a Web page.HTML also supports
Multimedia and documents links.
consist of special codes which when embedded in text,adds formatting.
The special characters,which separate HTML from ordinary text, are
the left and right brackets.(<>).These brackets contain instructions
known as TAGS that are not case sensitive.The Case study substantially
helps in understanding the need for learning HTML and the usage
of HTML and the usage of HTML in designing the web pages.
or HTML Extension?
When you save an HTML file, you can use either the .htm or the .html
extension. We have used .htm in our examples. It might be a bad
habit inherited from the past when some of the commonly used software
only allowed three letter extensions.Use notepad to save html file.
• HTML tags are used to mark-up HTML elements .
• HTML tags are surrounded by the two characters < and > .
• The surrounding characters are called angle brackets .
• HTML tags normally come in pairs like <b> and </b>.
• The first tag in a pair is the start tag, the second tag is the
• The text between the start and end tags is the element content.
• HTML tags are not case sensitive, <b> means the same as